Pukeko valley track meet

Hardin Valley Academy Track and Field and Cross Country - Knoxville, Tennessee

pukeko valley track meet

The group is going to still meet monthly on a Tuesday at lunchtime. .. Western Valley Road Footpath - the Board requested an update on of 11 years each) for the construction of a radio-controlled car track. Pukeko Centre representatives spoke to the Board about Stage 2 of the Pukeko Centre. Nov 01, - Rent from people in Progress Valley, New Zealand from $20/night . Find unique places to stay with local hosts in countries. Belong anywhere. Dec 08, - Rent from people in Waikite Valley, New Zealand from $20/night. Find unique places to stay with local hosts in countries. Belong anywhere.

I never understood the low ceiling of expectation that seems to be the norm in the Steel City. I also never understood why people had to slow down to 30 mph to go through the Squirrel Hill tunnel, so what do I know?

Manny was definitely not the dude you wanted to grab a drink with. How much did ya'll play out of State College? Any bands you open up for worth mentioning? We played State College probably times as well as Pittsburgh and points west. Wasted Talent was one of the earliest punk bands that were awesome.

The other most important band in my humble opinion was Pagan Rite. The first time I saw them, I knew I had to practice up to keep up to the standard they had set locally. They had a collective talent that was on par with the Bad Brains-fast, tight and precise. It seemed like the good elements of post American Hardcore were purged to make way for a lighter, more sincere and sanctimonious era of mediocrity.

That was our agenda.

Hardin Valley Invitational - Meet Information

I didn't find a copy of the T4 single for at least ten years after it came out. Do you know how many were pressed? Manny probably still has them.

Did T4 record much besides the 2 sides to the Pop Bus single? How did T4 break up? Was it a 'we're out of college now, and we should move on' thing, or a 'I fucked your girlfriend, and we can't jam together any more' thing? Well, the break up of T4 was done in a very petty and cowardly way. What happened was that Len and I had a tenuous past and our personalities were very different.

We were on track to come through the first lap in about 5: I traded my first empty water bottle for a full one with my crew, and carried on with this bunch. We were heading towards the next big turn, when an ambulance pulled up at speed. She was raising money for the Wellington Free Ambulance, and so they sent one up to crew for her. I was just glad there was probably a defibrillator nearby for any unplanned difficulties. Soon enough we got to the next big turn at Marotiri Road.

A couple of riders nearly missed the turn at Marotiri Road, and it was still daylight! It would have looked messy, but at least nobody went down, and nobody got lost. Our group rode together along the back side, up Waihaha Hill. We cycled on through the rolling hills continuing to make good time.

The weather had been terrible with thunderstorms over the last couple of days and nights while they had been riding.

Find Places to Stay in Progress Valley on Airbnb

He was on his 6th lap I think at that point. He rode with us for a while, but eventually dropped off the pace. After Kuratau hill, the group spread out-- I hung on for a while with 4 riders including the formerly mentioned Daymon and Mark, but on the way up Waihi Hill I decided not to follow and dropped off.

I pushed on alone up Waihi and through the rollers before the one big descent back down to lake level. Once down on the flat, I was able to drop into the aeros and start grinding along at a really quick pace. I tried to keep my heart rate low, but I still put in some good speed here, made the turn north in Turangi and headed back along the lake towards Taupo for the first time. The road back to Taupo is SH 1, the main North-South road in the country, and the traffic was starting to stream in for the race.

About halfway back up the Lake, and approaching Hatepe, I started to hear voices behind me. I sat up and got picked up by a few riders coming through, including Tracy Parke and Allan Gilder, whom I knew through their Facebook page and had met very briefly before the race.

pukeko valley track meet

We chatted, and then began our first climb up Hatepe Hill. The three of them stuck with me a bit, then accelerated off up the hill. This section is also very flat, until a little bump by the airport.

Just before the airport, I saw a car parked up on the side of the road. A couple was jumping around outside of it cheering for me. Yelling for me to keep it up and give it heaps. I have no idea who they were. I think they were just some folks coming in for the race who just stopped to give me some encouragement. It was an absolutely awesome display, and I took that with me for the rest of the race. I found out that the couple cheering for me was Patrick Greene and his wife, Susie.

He did the solo race the next day and they were on their way in when they spotted me. Thanks for the support! I'm tearing up thinking about it, honestly. I finally came up to the turn-off to the Caltex to meet up with my crew, swipe and sign in for the lap, make a quick change of clothes, and head out. There were lots of cars for the various riders in the carpark of the Caltex. I tried to keep the stoppage time to a minimum, so I grabbed my next set of clothes from Susan and headed into the Caltex to check in.

I swiped my race number over the sensor to log it with the race officials, then signed an old-fashioned pen and paper log with my time. After that I headed to the toilet for a quick stop and a change of clothes. Then it was back out for the second lap. All up I was stopped for about 10 minutes. The crew changed over here for the next lap.

Pukeko Cycling

Susie and Heather had finished their turn and headed off for the rest of their day, and to get ready for the Solo race in the morning. Lisha hopped in with Susan to continue following me around. I headed up through town to the main roundabout with Tongariro St. Traffic was jammed in the opposite direction, coming into town, but that meant there were plenty of people to wave, toot the horn, cheer, flash headlights and generally make things pleasant.

Lish and Susan cruised by and we began the leapfrogging support. The wind had picked up compared to the first lap, and the difficulty it posed was only compounded by having to go it alone. I turned onto Marotiri Road and headed for the back side of the lake. On one of the short climbs along the back side of the lake, I caught Daymon. This is a draft-legal race after all. He hopped on with me, and we took turns being in the front for the next few miles.

Eventually I went to take the lead up a hill, and when I looked back, he was gone. Susan and Lisha were getting into a groove, keeping the comms and a bit of banter going when they were nearby, and keeping me well-watered and well-fed. I climbed alone up Waihaha Hill, then down through Kuratau and eventually made the left turn to start climbing up Waihi Hill. It was getting on past 7: After the main climb and a couple of rollers, I was getting a bit cold, and it was dark enough for the lights and reflective gear to go on.

I gave the bike to the crew while I changed to a merino baselayer and long-sleeve jersey. I added a pair of knee warmers and a wind vest, and then a reflective vest and reflective ankle straps. I pulled on a thin pair of full-fingered gloves to round out the ensemble. At the same time, Susan and Lish were popping the lights onto the bike. I use a 3W LED front light underhung on the front handlebar to light the road. I also use a small headlamp on the helmet to illuminate the ever-important cycle computer, saving the battery from the backlight.

It also helps to add some extra light wherever I happen to be looking. It was unfortunately a new moon, as bright moonlight is also helpful and beautiful to ride by. This change-stop took about another 10 minutes, so I guessed that this lap had about 20 minutes of stoppage time in it. With lights fixed and warm clothes on, I cycled past the wide place where I had planned to pull off, dropped down Waihi hill to Lake-level, through the small settlement of Tokaanu, then on towards Turangi.


Susan warned me that another rider was coming up behind me, with his support vehicle directly following which was against the rules, but oh well. I said I was ok, and looking forward to getting through the night which had only just begun really and he said he was going to stop in Turangi for a nap.

After another minute or two, he picked up his pace, and he and his follow vehicle disappeared into the darkness. Susan and Lish kept providing food, drink and encouragement. Occasionally a bit of banter and amusement as well. I kept riding along the lake, the traffic on SH 1 dying out, with fewer and fewer horns and waves. Somewhere along here I asked my crew for a cookie.

I just want a fucking cookie! I got an Anzac bikkie for the Northern audience, a plain oatmeal cookiescarfed it, and carried on. I got to Hatepe and climbed it. It seemed noticeably harder than the first time I went around, and I wondered how I was going to do this 2 more times. Along the flats through here I passed an 8-lapper sitting on the side of the road, talking with his crew. I said hello, but got no response, and have no idea if he heard me or not.

By now it was pitch black and very late. I headed along past the airport, and Susan warned me that Gary was coming up behind me. He came by me a few minutes later at a good pace, and then hung a left, leaving the course. I spotted his truck idling on the corner. On the way into Taupo town, I saw the Hot Cycles truck, which had been following Tracy and Allan go past me then turn and head up a side-street I assume to their hotel.

CIF Central Section Masters Meet (Valley Championships) - Buchanan Track

After that, I made the right onto Heuheu Street and made for the Caltex for the 2nd time. I got up to the Caltex, grabbed my 3rd-lap clothes and the transponder and headed inside. It was just on The official time for the 2nd lap, which includes the stop at the Caltex at the first lap, and the light change was 7: It had taken me just under 13 hours about In a fair bit of pain, and not really looking forward to the next lap, but pretty pleased.

I thanked Lisha for her help and headed out. They would catch me up further down the line.

pukeko valley track meet

I headed off into the dark. It was closing in on midnight. Only once more turning onto Poihipi Road, etc. I found the one party going on in town just on Poihipi Road.